The call for proposals supported by the Alfred P. Sloan foundation establishes an advisory board to help us select the projects to be developed. The current board are:
- David Baker is the University of Washington biochemist behind Fold.it and Rosetta@home.
- Mariette DiChristina is editor in chief for Scientific American.
- Josh Greenberg directs the Alfred P. Sloan foundation’s Digital Information Technology and Dissemination of Knowledge program.
- Michelle B. Larson is the President of the Adler Planetarium, Chicago.
- Bruce Lewenstein is a Professor of Science Communication at Cornell, specializing in (amongst other things) contemporary media.
- Robert Martin is founder and president of Object Mentor, and was the first chairman of the Agile Alliance.
- David Miller is a senior designer at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago and a Zooniverse alumnus.
- John Orcutt, from Scripps Oceanographic Institute, is the PI of the Ocean Observatories Initiative.
- Alice Sheppard has been the head moderator for the Galaxy Zoo forum since its launch.
- Alex Szalay is a professor at Johns Hopkins, specializing in dealing with large data sets for astrophysics and beyond.
- Julia Wilkinson is the lead moderator at the Moon Zoo project.